Diabetes Awareness Month: Diabetes and Foot Health
November is Diabetes Awareness Month and Cow Creek Health & Wellness has important information about this disease. See the other Diabetes Awareness Month articles below:
Diabetes and Foot Health
Did you know a medical doctor should check your feet every year?
Diabetes could cause damage to the nerves in your feet, leading to foot problems and potential limb loss.
Easy Things to Do to Prevent Diabetes-Related Foot Problems
- Keep your blood glucose (blood sugar) levels under tight control. Consult with your doctor to make and implement a plan
- Examine your feet each day for any injuries or changes
- Keep your feet clean, dry, and properly maintained
- Wear proper footwear, such as shoes, inserts, and socks, and wear them whenever you’re standing or walking
- See your doctor or podiatrist for any foot concerns you may have
Living with diabetes can be challenging, but you can take the first steps to improving your foot health and maintaining a better quality of life. Connect with health care professionals to find helpful strategies to care for your feet.